This interactive population density maps makes it easy to see where the high density pockets of humanity exist around the world. Slide from 5 people per square mile to 500 and watch the map melt away.
Courtesy of designer Derek Watkins, the map makes it dead simple to visualize the pockets of high-density human populations around the world. Hit up the link below to try the map out or read his blog entry on the map to learn more about how he constructed it.
- Android Is “Open” and iOS Is “Closed” — But What Does That Mean to You?
- Geek Trivia: If You’re Eating Potato Chips There’s A Good Chance The Potato Was Grown In?
- What To Do When Your iPhone or iPad Runs Out of Space
- Ask HTG: Can I Add the Hiss and Pop of a Vinyl Record to My MP3 Files?
- Geek Trivia: Which Of These Domesticated Animals Can Safely Drink Sea Water?
- How to Adjust Volume Settings for Individual Audio Devices and Sound Effects in OS X
- How to Find Locations of Files in Word
- How to Monitor Employee Communications Without Taking What’s Said Personally
- Wi-Fi vs. Ethernet: How Much Better is a Wired Connection?
- Can I Use Two Types of DDR3 RAM With the Same Motherboard?