Screenshot by Rafe Needleman/CNET)
Update at 12:27 p.m. PT: Zynga has indeed acquired OMGPOP but didn’t disclose terms. AllThingsD’s Peter Kafka reported that Zynga paid $180 million plus another $30 million in employee-retention payments.
It’s looking like all the rumors surrounding Zynga and OMGPOP were true.
Zynga has acquired OMGPOP for $200 million, All Things Digital is reporting today, citing unnamed sources. Zynga has not publicly confirmed that’s the case and has declined CNET’s request for comment, but the company plans to hold a call with journalists at noon PT to make a “news announcement.”
Rumors started swirling earlier this week that Zynga was looking to buy OMGPOP, and TechCrunch, which first reported on the news, said that the deal could land between $150 million and $250 million.
Although OMGPOP has been around for some time, Zynga likely became interested in the firm a… [Read more]
- Two-Factor Authentication: What Does the Future Hold?
- Everything You Need to Know About Using iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library
- The Download Blog – CNET 2014-11-25 19:43:55
- How to Install Minecraft Mods to Customize Your Game
- How do You Password Protect a Folder on Linux/Unix without Encryption?
- Geek Trivia: Farmers Give Egg Yolks A Sunny Boost Of Color With?
- What is EXIF Data and How Do You Remove it from Your Photos?
- What’s the Difference Between Chromium and Chrome?
- How to Use MSCONFIG in Windows
- How to Restyle Your Minecraft World with Resource Packs