If you’re not able to punch a bunch of holes in your apartment walls to run cable and mount your HDTV, this pole-mounted setup organizes all your gear and leaves your walls hole free.
IKEAHacker reader Chief wanted to mount his HDTV but he didn’t want to incur the wrath of his landlord by busting up the wall. He solved the dilemma by using poles and shelves from the IKEA Stoleman system combined with hacked together mount for his HDTV into a full home theater stand. We like very thing about this save for one thing; we’re not particularly sold on using the setup to hide a radiator on the wall–it seems like using your expensive electronics gear to hide a big hot radiator is a recipe for shortening component life.
Hit up the link below for more pictures.
Stolmen Plasma TV & Gadget Mount [IKEAHackers]
- Geek Trivia: If You’re Eating Potato Chips There’s A Good Chance The Potato Was Grown In?
- What To Do When Your iPhone or iPad Runs Out of Space
- Ask HTG: Can I Add the Hiss and Pop of a Vinyl Record to My MP3 Files?
- Geek Trivia: Which Of These Domesticated Animals Can Safely Drink Sea Water?
- How to Adjust Volume Settings for Individual Audio Devices and Sound Effects in OS X
- How to Find Locations of Files in Word
- How to Monitor Employee Communications Without Taking What’s Said Personally
- Wi-Fi vs. Ethernet: How Much Better is a Wired Connection?
- Can I Use Two Types of DDR3 RAM With the Same Motherboard?
- Geek Trivia: The First Food Deliberately Cooked By Microwave Radiation Was?